CONNECT, ENGAGE, ENHANCE
The Prince George Chamber of Commerce is the voice of business in Prince George. With over 100 years of service to the community and the fifth largest chamber in BC, we consciously evolve to continuously meet member needs. A snapshot in time, this plan was developed with a three year focus using best information and business expertise available. It will be reviewed annually to ensure momentum remains strong and direction continues to address the needs of the membership and the community.
Through our innovative engagement and collaborative voice, our community thrives.
- Advocate to all levels of government to meet the needs of our members.
- Drive positive change in our community.
- Maintain a sustainable organization by growing our membership base.
WE VALUE …
- Fairness for all / Inclusivity
- Success and prosperity
- A healthy, sustainable community
- Environmental stewardship
- Tradition of service
- Clear, open communication
- Fostering innovation
Our Strategic Plan 2016-2018
The following table forms the strategic plan that helps members and the community understand the organizational focus. It is a guide for the Board to maintain forward focus. It provides the foundation for the creation of an annual operational plan that defines activities to achieve associated strategic objectives in a realistic and effective manner.
|Strategic Focus||Strategic Goal(s)||Action(s)||Responsibility||Results, Measure, Target||Completion date|
Advocate to all levels of government to meet the needs of our members
|Actively advocate for our members in all government arenas||1. Policy resolutions developed for BC Chamber annually
2. Continue to improve the process to identify & respond to key business issues both proactive and reactive
3. Facilitate all candidate forums for federal, provincial & municipal elections
|Minimum three policies to BC Chamber
100% of issues logged and appropriate resolution determined
Drive positive change in our community
|Recognized as the most effective organization for business in the community||1. Execute on partnerships to support community development
2. Facilitate social innovation opportunities
3. Update the Chamber brand to align with strategic goals
2 strategic relationships developed or enhanced and other strategic relationships maintained
100% opportunities reported to Board
Maintain and grow our membership
|To achieve a total membership of 1000 members||1. Engage member organizations at a deeper level (bring staff to participate in Chamber activities)
2. Strategies to recruit new members
3. Improve engagement of members
4. Improve onboarding process for new members
5. Provide exceptional opportunities for education and making connections
– to operate a sustainable & transparent business model
|1. Board members are aware of their responsibilities
2. Continue with accreditation process as required
3. Manage financial results annually to build an operating reserve
4. Build strategy for building buyout
Annual Board member training (determined annually by Board)
Accreditation w Distinction
$100,000 reserve achieved
Financial budget presented annually