History was made during the Prince George Chamber of Commerce’s 2016 Annual General Meeting held at the Coast Inn of the North. Witnessed by approximately sixty Chamber members in attendance, Cindi Pohl, Account Manager with Waste Management, became the first woman elected for a second term as president of the Prince George Chamber of Commerce.
Chamber CEO Christie Ray states, “We are so fortunate to have Cindi remain president for a second term, especially considering the workload and time commitment that an engaged Chamber president contributes to their position. She’s proven to be the right person for the job.” She continues, “It says something, not only about the changing times, but about the evolution of one of our city’s oldest organizations, the Chamber of Commerce, when not only the President is female, but half of the Board positions are filled by women.”
The newly elected 2016-17 Chamber Board of Directors consists of:
• President: Cindi Pohl, Account Manager, Waste Management of Canada Corp.
• Vice-President of Finance: Corey Naphtali, Partner, KPMG
• Vice-President: Bill Quinn, President, NuStride Executive Coaching
• Vice-President: Lorna Wendling, Senior Manager, Deloitte
• Past-President: Ranjit Gill, Executive Director, Central BC Railway and Forestry Museum
• Daniel J. Weeks, President & Vice-Chancellor, University of Northern British Columbia
• Derek Dougherty, Assistant Vice President and Branch Manager, Canadian Western Bank
• Keriann Harlow, Specialty Leasing Manager, Pine Centre Mall
• Laurie Dillman, Job Coach / Settlement Practitioner, Immigrant and Multicultural Services Society
• Scott McWalter, Executive-Marketing and Communications, Brink Forest Products Ltd.
• Kara Biles, Manager of Talent Acquisition & Workforce Planning, Canfor
• Kiel Giddens, Land, Community and Aboriginal Relations Liaison, TransCanada
• Frankie Albano, Senior Manager, Assurance Services, MNP LLP
• Roberta Stewart, Lawyer / Partner, Heather Sadler Jenkins
• Russ Peterson, Branch Manager, Finning (Canada)