During the annual Prince George Chamber of Commerce AGM, held virtually on May 27, 2021, the Chamber welcomed 4 new members to the Board of Directors, including one new member to the Executive.
“Our members have faced immeasurable challenges the past year. We are truly as strong as the sum of our parts, and that includes the tremendous support we receive from our volunteer Board of Directors,” said Todd Corrigall, CEO, Prince George Chamber of Commerce. “While we look to the future, we are mindful of the incredible tasks before us, which always involve strong, strategic engagement with our members to understand how best to serve them”.
“This has been a tough year, but when we stick together, we’ll not only see economic recovery, but Prince George business will be back and better than ever. So far in 2021, we’re seeing businesses innovating to persevere through the pandemic, as well as new business start-ups, and a resumption of activities on major projects,” said Kiel Giddens, President, Prince George Chamber of Commerce. “Prince George can lead the Province as a great place to live, work, and start a business, and I look forward to working with the new Chamber Board in the year ahead to support our members and our community.”
The 2021-2022 Chamber Board of Directors
- President: Kiel Giddens, Public Affairs Manager, TC Energy
- Vice-President of Finance: Ray Noonan, District Vice President, Northern BC/Yukon, Scotiabank
- Vice-President: Cathy Mackay, COO, EDI Environmental Dynamics Inc.
- Vice-President: Peter Sia, Dealer Principle, Northland Nissan & Hyundai
- Past-President: Lorna Wendling, Partner, MNP
- Donna Flood, Prince George Hospice Society
- Elisha Brown, DUC (Digital Umbrella Creative)
- Jessica Brown, Morguard (Pine Centre Mall)
Re-elected and Returning Directors:
- Jordan Thorne, HSJ Lawyers LLP (re-elected)
- Kara Biles, Canfor (re-elected)
- Kevin Botham, Integris
- Kevin Gemmell, Pattison Media
- Kristine Newell, Team Powerhouse
- Matt Hutcheon, TaxWerx Canada (re-elected)
The Chamber would like to thank Lorna Wendling, Past President, for her service to the Chamber and the Prince George business community. With Kiel Giddens being re-elected to a second term as President, Ms. Wendling will continue on in her capacity and continue as liaison to the Board of Governors.