For a third straight year, the Chamber is pleased to join forces with the University of Northern British Columbia and Canadian National Railway! In 2017, we will take more than one batch of participating businesses.
The 2017 Winter Intake includes:
- Community Futures
- Lithium One
- Northern Lights Estate Winery
- Prince George and District Community Arts Council
- Prince George Diaper Service
- Stinger Welding
We are looking for more business volunteers, please contact email@example.com.
Interested in reducing your carbon footprint by working with UNBC students?
The Prince George Chamber of Commerce continues to team up with the University of Northern British Columbia to offer FREE greenhouse gas audits for local businesses. We want to help businesses reduce their carbon footprint and lower their expenses related to fossil fuel usage.
How do businesses benefit?
- Obtain a FREE carbon footprint analysis of your business.
- Receive customized advice on how to reduce operational costs.
- Gain business specific recommendations for emission reductions.
What is involved in participation?
- Provide live case study material for the students, held confidentially.
- Provide 12-consecutive months of utility bills (Fortis, BC Hydro, etc.) for each business location, before February 1, 2017.
- Provide company vehicle information from 12-consecutive months, before February 1, 2017 (make, model, year, total fuel consumption and mileage).
- Attend a casual ‘Meet and Greet’ to get to know the students, instructor and further understand the project.
- Provide a brief operational tour to students between February-March and any additional information to create a greenhouse gas inventory (paper usage, and employee commuting).
- Attend a student presentation in April, specific to your business.
Enjoy working with eager young minds.
For more information about volunteering your business, please contact:
Barbara Otter, Project Coordinator
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | T: 250-562-2454 x2006
A carbon footprint is the
total amount of greenhouse gases (GHGs) produced directly and indirectly to support human activities. They are produced through fossil fuel combustion, deforestation, agricultural practices, electricity generation, and commercial/ residential activities.
Having a net zero carbon footprint.
A carbon offset is the reduction in GHG emissions created by one party, which can be purchased and used
to balance the emissions of another party.
|Greenhouse Gases (GHGs)
GHGs are gases that trap
heat in the atmosphere. All GHGs are standardized using a carbon dioxide equivalence factor (CO2e). The summation is referred to as total carbon footprint.